Thursday, February 24, 2011

Damn good Salmon

This is a version of a dish called profanity salmon. I got told since I changed it so much I should rename it and make it my own so I am just going to call it Damn Good!


Sauce
1/2 cup mayonnaise
3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
1 teaspoon sraraci hot sauce

1 (1 1/2 pound) salmon fillet
salt and pepper to taste
1 green and 1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 onion, finely chopped
Phylo dough (2 sheets per fillet)
olive oil

Preheat oven to 375
Clean and prepare your fish. I kept the skin on but I would probably remove it next time because the dough on the bottom is inedible unless you like fish skin which I don't.

Make your sauce by combining hot sauce, terriaki sauce and mayo

Slice your peppers and onions

It's important to have everything ready before opening your dough as it dries out quickly. Cover any you are not using with a slightly damn tea towel or paper towel helps prevent this.

Lay one sheet of phylo dough on the counter top. If your dough is sticky lay it on a sheet of parchment or wax paper. With a pastry brush lightly brush sheet with oil. You don't need very much. Layer a second sheet on top the first.

Lay your salmon fillet in the middle of the sheet, top with 2-3 spoonfuls of your sauce, top with peppers and onions and fold your dough around it into a pocket. Don't worry if you rip the dough its forgiving once its baked.

Gently transfer to a parchment lined bake sheet (or lightly grease your sheet)

Bake for 25 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment