Friday, March 11, 2011

The cookie experiment ~ lazy chocolate nutty muncher cookies


Most people who know me well know that the one thing I love more then cooking is a bargain. I normally cook from scratch but when I saw Duncans Hines Devils food cupcake mix on sale for .24 cents a box well I couldn't resist. So I bought oh 20 boxes. So far we have made cupcakes with them, go figure. But I have always heard you could make cookies with the mix so this was my first attempt. I decided to attempt to healthy them up and give them more of a crunch. So is born the lazy nutty muncher chocolate cookie. Something so easy needs a long name, right?

Ingredients (are you ready for this?)

1 box cupcake mix (or I am sure regular cake mix would work too)
2 eggs
1/4 cup oil
Nutty stuff: In this case I used 1/4 cup each of sunflower seeds, slivered almonds and golden raisins



Dump everything in a bowl. No really that is what I did see photo evidence.



Stir (I know very technical)


Drop spoonfuls on parchment lined pan, or oil it - I figured I would up the lazy factor of these. Now mine made 19 cookies, I figured the points (for weight watchers) at 2 points each for 20 cookies. Now if you left out the nutty part you would have 1 point cookies.

You could also stretch it to 24 cookies because mine spread quite a bit and some were rather large. In which case I would count even the nutty ones at 1 point because I grossly rounded up to make an even 2 points.



Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Okay you need to keep an eye on these they burn easily. I would check them at 8, I took them out when they were firm on top and they were already starting to brown too much on the bottom.


(and as an added bonus for my American friends you now know that
"petits Gateaux Au Chocolat Noir" is Devil's food cupcakes in french)

No comments:

Post a Comment